Cobolt Systems Ltd. Terms & Conditions
Please read the following sections of information below regarding our full terms and conditions of sale which were last updated November 2016.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GOODS & SERVICES
CANCELLATION AND RETURNS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to your order and will need to be accepted at the checkout in order to place your order on our online shop. Should you choose not to accept these terms and conditions then please telephone us to discuss the alternative options.
We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the terms will apply to future orders.
1) When you place an order with us through this web site, you are making an offer to buy goods from Cobolt Systems Ltd and we will send you an email to confirm your order. When we receive your order we will send you another email, which will list the goods, and the prices of your order and this email will be the contract between us for this transaction. In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this and there will be no contract between us.
2) Prices shown in the shop are in pound sterling per item and with zero rate V.A.T i.e. they apply to individual customers in U.K. who are registered blind or visually impaired and to all overseas customers. V.A.T will be added for U.K. customers who do not qualify for zero V.A.T rating. Prices usually include delivery but where this is not the case i.e. microwave ovens outside U.K. customers will be advised of delivery costs before orders are processed.
3) The checkout on our web site does have secure credit card transaction processing for online orders, and payments will be processed at the time of order.
4) Orders can also be placed in writing, by email, by telephone or by fax and paid for using credit cards and cheques.
5) Returns can be sent back to us using the original postage label and circle round our address. Alternatively goods may be sent back to us using the articles for the blind service if applicable.
6) Most products are supplied with large print instructions. We hold substantial stocks of all products and always endeavour to despatch orders as quickly as possible. In the event of this not being possible we will advise you of the reason together with a projected delivery date.
7) All items are fully guaranteed for 1 year from date of invoice. Should you need to return any items to us please make sure they are returned with adequate packaging to ensure their safe arrival during transportation. Please include details of the problem together with your full address, telephone number and email address to enable us to contact you if necessary and to return the repaired or replacement goods to you as quickly as possible. Please note that a telephone call to us prior to returning items can often resolve problems and avoid any confusion.
8) Title to all goods remains with Cobolt Systems Ltd until payment has been received in full.
9) We are often asked for the exact prices of products in various currencies. We can of course accept payment in most currencies and by various methods but if you place an order on this site using your credit card we must bill you at the prices shown in Pounds Sterling. We can advise you of approximate exchange rates but the exact amount you will be billed by your credit card provider in your local currency will depend on the rate of exchange they use at the time of the transaction.
GOODS & SERVICES
Please read the following declarations. If one of the options applies to you, or the organisation you are ordering on behalf of, please select the appropriate option.
1. U.K. based person qualifying for 0 Rate VAT (I declare that I am Chronically sick or disabled and that I am receiving these goods for my domestic or personal use. I claim relief from Value Added Tax under Group 14 of Schedule 5 to the Value Added Tax Act 1983)
2. U.K. based charity qualifying for 0 Rate VAT (I declare that the charity named above will make these goods available to disabled people for their domestic or personal use. I claim relief from Value Added Tax under Group 14 of Schedule 5 to the Value Added Tax Act 1983)
3. U.K. based person or organisation not qualifying for 0 Rate VAT
4. Non-U.K. based and Non Visually Impaired Customers.
If you are in any doubt as to whether you are eligible to receive goods zero-rated for VAT you should consult your local VAT office before selecting options 1 or 2. If you select Option 3, VAT will be added to your bill at 20%.
1) Prices usually include delivery within the UK but where this is not the case i.e. microwave ovens outside U.K. customers will be advised of any additional delivery costs before orders are processed.
2) Unless specifically agreed all products will be delivered by normal mail within the UK however this may vary outside the UK.
3) Goods can be shipped by carrier or by a faster postal service for fast or next day delivery at the customer’s request. The customer will be advised of any additional charges before the goods are shipped.
4) Should you deem your goods to be lost in the post, as they have not arrived in a reasonable time scale, please let us know promptly so we can arrange for replacements to be sent. You will be advised if there are any forms that need to be filled in as part of this process by a member of our customer services team.
Delivery is free to UK Customers. Overseas orders will have a £2.50 insurance charge added. Non-Visually Impaired Customers, who are ordering via the Dementia Product category will incur a £2.50 delivery charge. Please note that certain items and orders may incur an additional delivery charge.
CANCELLATION AND RETURNS
1) You can cancel your contract at any time up to 7 working days after the day of delivery. To do this you must email or write to us.
2) If you wish to cancel your contract with us then you must return all the goods to us at your own expense and you must ensure the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage.
3) Refunds will only be made in the event that we receive the returned goods in as new condition. This includes all gift box packaging where applicable. For food hygiene reasons it is not possible to accept items such as microwave ovens back for refund once they have been used to cook food. For this reason we strongly suggest that you evaluate the oven at a resource centre prior to purchase. We can advise you of the resource centres closest to you with ovens on display.
4) If there is a problem with the goods and they are faulty, please contact us and we will deal with the matter quickly and in accordance with your legal rights.
This cancellation policy does not affect you legal rights – For example, if goods are faulty or inaccurately described.
Information collected from you.
When you register on our website at www.cobolt.co.uk you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details and credit or debit card information as well as information about you from your e-mails or letters you send to us.
Use of your information.
Your information will enable us to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders.
The use of your information.
The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties some of whom may be located outside our company and who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders and provide support services on our behalf.
If our business enters into a joint venture, or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Security and retention of data.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons, and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Accessing and updating.
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. Should you wish to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This web site is owned and operated by the following Company and should you need to contact us please don’t hesitate using the information below.
COBOLT SYSTEM LTD
The Old Mill House,
Mill Road, Reedham,
Norwich, Norfolk, NR13 3TL,
Telephone: UK - 01493 700172
Telephone: Overseas +44 1493 700172
Fax: UK - 01493 701037
Fax: Overseas -(44) 1493-701037
Web site: http://www.cobolt.co.uk
Cobolt Systems Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
Company VAT number: 390-3819-39
Company registration number: 1839766